Pet health care is bound to be the next blue sea
In the past, in the streets of China, we can rarely see who owns pets, but now it is different. With the rising income level and increasing work pressure, more and more families are starting to keep pets, and even one person treats pets more attentively than his children.
According to statistics, the number of pet owners in China has exceeded 100 million. Many families spend more than 3,000 yuan on pets every year. Even a few families spend more than 10,000 yuan on pets, and this trend is rising.
The drawbacks of traditional pet medicine
At present, there are about 11,000 animal clinics in China. However, almost 70% of pet clinics are husband and wife stores, while the remaining 30% are smaller ones. There are not many platforms that can really meet all the medical standards. The immaturity of traditional pet medicine has also brought many pain points to the whole industry.
Pain point 1: With the increasing number of pet owners in China, the number of pets is also rising. However, the number of professional veterinarians in China is very small, which can not keep up with the growth rate of pet numbers. This has caused a phenomenon: the domestic pet medical market, the lack of medical personnel who can diagnose pets professionally.
Pain point 2: At present, most domestic pet medical institutions are small-scale medical institutions, especially couple stores. So, so many different pet medical institutions, their service level and quality are inevitably uneven, and the overall level of service is low.
Pain point 3: In the pet medical service industry, fees are generally more expensive, and there is a phenomenon of opaque information and arbitrary fees. For those who keep pets, they may not know what diseases their pets get. Almost all of them are counted by the doctors.
Pain point 4: At present, domestic pet clinics rely heavily on imports of pet vaccines, medical devices and supplies. At present, the domestic demand for pet vaccines is increasing, which is a major restriction on the overall level of domestic pet medical development, while indirectly leading to high pet medical costs.
With the increasing demand of pet medical market, there are so many painful points in traditional pet medical treatment, which invisibly creates opportunities for Internet pet medical treatment, and all kinds of Internet pet medical platforms are also emerging.
Pet medicine is beginning to enter the Internet
The platform represented by Doctor Aipet and Doctor Arwen has achieved strategic cooperation with traditional off-line pet hospitals, and invited pet doctors to register to provide on-line consultation services for users, as well as to guide users to off-line traditional pet hospitals. This kind of pet medical service platform is very promising.
On the one hand, for most pet users, there are many physical and physiological problems in animals. At this time, online consultation platform can help some pet users solve pet ailments by gathering pet doctors from traditional off-line hospitals on the platform. Especially some matters needing attention when raising pets can also be solved by online consultation.
On the other hand, through the off-line pet medical institutions, pets get sick through on-line consultation and then choose the appropriate off-line pet hospital for treatment. This kind of platform also solves the problem of information asymmetry for some pet owners.
However, this kind of platform also encounters problems on the way of development: first, the number of pet doctors is very limited, which will cause greater constraints on the large-scale development of the platform, and once the platform relaxes the requirements for doctors'qualifications, there will be a phenomenon of excessive pet doctors on the platform, and the level of service and quality will inevitably decline; second, the profitability of the platform, if the platform relaxes the requirements for doctors' qualifications. It is difficult to achieve large-scale profits only through the information docking between off-line pet hospitals and online users. Providing membership payment system for doctors will undoubtedly scare off the pet doctors who are already small in number. Consultation payment for users will take a long time to cultivate and the platform will have a certain amount of users and influence before it can be discarded. Live.
The current pattern of pet medical industry is far from being formed. Traditional offline pet medical institutions are full of pain points. With the help of Internet thinking, combined with offline pet medical services, to meet the needs of users, the pet medical industry will become the next blue sea.